The mission of Latinos Unidos is to support initiatives in the Hispanic community with a strategic focus in Education, Income and Health.
CLICK HERE to view the Latinos Unidos Year End Message.
In Delaware, the Latino population has grown 50% over the past decade. They make up 8% of the state’s population. But the group faces many challenges. In Delaware,
- Only 2% of businesses are Hispanic or Latino owned
- Nearly 45% of Hispanics do not have access to health insurance
1 in 5 students in Delaware’s public school system is Latino, yet
- Only 31% receive a high school diploma or a GED
- Only 8% have a bachelor’s degree
- Only 3% have graduate or professional degrees
To support the needs of this community, Latinos Unidos is focused on:
- Increasing activities that engage Latino parents in their children’s education
- Connecting families to Delaware 2-1-1’s Help Me Grow program for referrals to resources to promote their children’s health, on-time development and school readiness
- Supporting career exploration and life pathway development, to strengthen youth’s chances for financial stability
- Increasing the number of families who have sufficient support to achieve financial independence and stability
- Helping individuals live healthier lives by increasing and sustaining access to healthcare services for physical, mental and behavioral health needs
- Creating awareness of existing health and human service resources through Delaware 2-1-1, the statewide information and referral service
SUPPORTING THE COMMUNITY:
- Building a unified network of resources for the Latino and Hispanic community in the state of Delaware
- Providing workforce and economic development for Hispanic or Latino owned businesses
- Advocating for linguistic competency of professionals in education, healthcare and financial industries
For more information, contact Latinos Unidos at email@example.com or call (302) 573-3700.
To financially support Latinos Unidos, use designation code #550.