United Way of Delaware - Help Me Grow
"If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one." -Mother Teresa

Help Me Grow

A child’s early years are vital as they shape their entire future. Help Me Grow helps families do all that they can to promote healthy child development in these early years.

Parents, providers and other caregivers can connect with these resources through Delaware 2-1-1 for Help Me Grow, a service operated by United Way, with funding from the Division of Public Health.

Help Me Grow can help you and your child have a healthy pregnancy by screening for conditions that might impact development, parenting support as well as access to health and social services.

In addition to families and caregivers, others are invited to participate in the Help Me Grow system. Our community includes hospitals, pediatric primary-care practices, early care and education professionals, families, and community providers at the grassroots level.

If you live in Delaware, you can call 2-1-1 as often as you want.  When you call, you will be connected to a child development specialist who will listen to your concerns, provide information and find the right services for you and your family.  Just dial 2-1-1 and select “Help Me Grow.”

Help Me Grow’s Four Key Areas of Activity:
  • Central, 2-1-1 Telephone Access
  • Physician Outreach
  • Community Outreach
  • System Improvement
Reasons to Call
  • Pregnant?
    • Dial 2-1-1 Help Me Grow to find Prenatal Screening to determine if your baby needs additional support and for care to help you with a healthy pregnancy.
  • New Baby?
    • Dial 2-1-1 Help Me Grow for information on breastfeeding, safe sleep and to join Delaware’s free home visiting program for new families.
  • Growing Child?
    • Dial 2-1-1 Help Me Grow to learn more about developmental milestones, learning and behavior or to find services if you think your child’s development is off track.
  • Need Support?
    • Dial 2-1-1 Help Me Grow to find programs and services if you need help with food, housing, heating or other needs.
  • Child with Special Needs?
    • Dial 2-1-1 Help Me Grow to sign up for programs and find services and care for your child with special needs.

Stay United With Us