The Delaware Nonprofit Support Program
Starting October 4, 2021, the Delaware Nonprofit Support Program will open for its fourth round of funding. This grant program is exclusive to nonprofits and leverages Federal CARES Act funding. It is made possible through the Covid-19 Response Initiative – a partnership between DANA, the Delaware Community Foundation, Philanthropy Delaware, and the United Way of Delaware.
We encourage all eligible nonprofits to refer to the Delaware CARES Act portal (https://www.decaresfunds.org) for information about the program. The portal will open on Monday, October 4, 2021, at 8:00 AM.
Overview of the Program:
- Nonprofits may receive reimbursement through two separate programs of the Fund:
- Part 1: Operations Reimbursement – For basic operational expenses – such as assistance with cleaning supplies and funding for personal protective equipment.
- Part 2: Capacity Grants – For expanded service offerings, increased caseloads, or other service increases attributable to the pandemic.
- Maximum caps for Program and Parts I & II have increased to $150,000 cumulatively among all four rounds.
- Inclusive of Parts I & II – a total cap of $150,000 per organization.
- Any nonprofit is now eligible to apply for up to $150,000 regardless of operating budget size.
- Round 4 of Part II of the program will no longer include planned expenses.
- The program will remain open through November 1, 2021, at 12:00 PM.
Other Key Facts:
- Any eligible organization may submit qualified expenses that have not already been reimbursed, including organizations that have previously applied to the Delaware Nonprofit Support Program.
- Organizations must affirm that the expenses were not already reimbursed through other sources such as government contracts and grants, charitable grants and donations, or insurance proceeds. Applications must also include the documentation as defined by the Office of Management and Budget and New Castle County Department of Finance for the items to be reimbursed.
As with all previous funding rounds, you can find more information at decaresfunds.org and DANA’s website delawarenonprofit.org. DANA, the Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement, is available to answer questions, provide technical assistance, application help, and address any other needs related to applying for this grant program.